☕ Afternoon meeting on October 24 | politics
Hanoi (VNA) – The following is a brief recap of the day’s events as reported by Vietnamese News Agency on October 24th.
– Cambodian Senate President Samdech Say Chhum and a high-level delegation from Cambodia have arrived in Hanoi to begin a three-day official visit to Vietnam Oct. 24-26 at the invitation of National Assembly Chairman Vuong Dinh Hue.
This is an important political activity between the Vietnamese National Assembly (NA) and the Cambodian Senate in 2022 – also the “Vietnam – Cambodia, Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year”, to mark the 55th anniversary of the establishment of bilateral diplomatic relations (24 June 1967 ).Read the full story
– MPs of the National Assembly exchanged views on a Medical Examination and Treatment Bill (amended) and some of its contents with mixed opinions during the ongoing fourth session of the 15th legislature on October 24 morning.
NA Social Affairs Committee Chairperson Nguyen Thuy Anh said the revised bill has 12 chapters and 121 articles, 15 articles more than the draft presented to the National Assembly at the third session.Read the full story
– US-based Foreign Policy magazine published an article highlighting that the Vietnamese government has been “extremely transparent with the public during the COVID-19 crisis.”
According to the article, the press and media in Vietnam have helped create a social consensus and build public confidence in the fight against the pandemic.Read the full story
– Deputy Minister of National Defense Sen. Lt. Gen. Le Huy Vinh received a delegation from the Office of the Lao Ministry of National Defense led by Lt. Gen. Saichay Commasit on October 24.
Vinh said the special relationship between Vietnam and Laos has always been crucial for the two nations, adding that their senior leaders attach great importance to maintaining and strengthening the great relationship and special solidarity between the two governments, peoples and armies would have attached.Read the full story
– The Vietnam Trade Office in Beijing, its branches and trade promotion offices in other Chinese locations have been working hard to help Vietnamese companies to reach and fully exploit the Chinese market in various forms to further promote exports to the country, the said Commercial Advisor to the Embassy of Vietnam in China Nong Duc Lai.
In a recent interview with the China-based correspondent of the Vietnam News Agency (VNA), Lai said Vietnamese companies have been kept updated with information about the Chinese market and China’s policies and regulations in managing the import and export of goods . Read the full story
– Breaking Travel News, a world-leading online tourism information website, has published a story highlighting Vietnam’s top tourist destinations that recently won the World Travel Awards.
It shed light on Ho Chi Minh City as a metropolis vibrating with energy, innovation and transportation, and described the city as the country’s economic heart and the most important center of the southern region. Read the full story
– The People’s Committee of Thua Thien-Hue Central Province, in coordination with the Vietnamese Embassy in Thailand, held a seminar in Bangkok on Oct. 22 to promote tourism potential and attract more Thai tourists to the area.
At the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Thailand Phan Chi Thanh said that despite the severe impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the tourism industry of Vietnam and Thailand has made efforts to recover by restoring regular flights and liking tourism products the customer manufactured .Read the full story
– VinFast, the first Vietnamese electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer, announced on October 24 that it has received a US$135 million climate finance package from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to build Vietnam’s first all-electric bus fleet for public transport and establish national electric vehicle charging network.
According to a press release from the company, which is a subsidiary of private conglomerate Vingroup, the loan package is intended to support the country’s efforts to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and expand high-tech manufacturing industries./.Read the full story
Comments are closed.